The following is an update from the Organisers of the 34th IAHR Conference:
With over 580 peer reviewed papers accepted for presentation in the technical program, the 34th IAHR World Congress is shaping up to be a key event in the water engineering calendar. Registrations at the standard rate will remain open until 27 May 2011. Go to www.iahr2011.org to find out more details about this exciting event and to register to attend!
Conference registration fees include:
- Congress materials, program and proceedings
- Welcome drinks, welcome reception, and congress dinner
- One in-congress technical tour OR workshop
- For delegates under 35 years of age, entry to the Student and Young Professionals Night
- Morning and afternoon break catering and lunch each day.
Please refer to the program for the complete details.
KEYNOTE SPEAKERS CONFIRMED
- IAHR Plenary Speaker: Dr Sharon Nunes – Vice President, Smarter Cities Strategy and Solutions, IBM
- Keynote Speaker: Graeme Newton – Chief Executive Officer, Queensland Reconstruction Authority
- Munro Oration: Dr Arthur Askew
- Henderson Oration: Eric Lesleighter
Please refer to the keynotes page for complete details.
TECHNICAL WORKSHOPS ANNOUNCED
In addition to the In-Congress Technical Tours to be held on afternoon of Wednesday 29 June 2011, we are now able to offer registrations for In-Congress Technical Workshops run by a number of the Congress Sponsors and Exhibitors. These workshops offer an excellent opportunity to see the latest applications of software and technical expertise within the industry.
Five Technical Workshops are available:
- DHI Technical Workshop – Beyond Modelling: Case Studies in Real Time Decision Support
- TUFLOW Technical Workshop – Tips and Tricks of 2D/1D Flood Modelling followed by Hydrodynamic Modelling Using a Flexible Mesh
- Water Solutions Technical Workshop – OPSIM – Simulation for Design and Decision Making: Natural & Industrial Water Resource Systems
- Deltares, with Delft Software Australia, Technical Workshop – The latest innovations in Delft software and presentation of the capabilities of these recent advancements
- PSM Australia Technical Workshop – Catchment (Spatial) Rainfall Synthesis
Full details of the content of each Technical Workshop are provided on the Congress Website.
ENQUIRIES AND ASSISTANCE
Please contact the Congress organisers if you need assistance or further information. Our contact details are:
Telephone: + 61 7 3368 2644
Facsimile: + 61 7 3369 3731