8-10 December 2010
For details about this event, please visit the conference website. It will provide you with the latest conference information as it becomes available.
AIM AND SCOPE
The aim of this conference is to strengthen the links inside the European scientific community in this young discipline and to promote exchanges between European Universities and Industrial Companies engaged in this field. Microfluidics finds applications in every industrial sector, as well as in numerous media covered fields like biology, medicine, chemical and process engineering, transports, environmental sciences, microelectronics and so on. The aim of this Conference is to promote and foster European cooperation in the field of Microfluidics by bringing together scientists and engineers working in this strongly multi-disciplinary area. The Conference invites submission of abstracts describing original works on the listed topics. The papers have to contain information on research rationale, methodology, results and major conclusions. Applied papers from Industries engaged in Microfluidics especially addressed to draw strong scientific needs are welcomed.
- Convective Micro Heat Transfer
- Electrokinetic Microflows
- Fluidic Microactuators and Micromixing
- Gas Microflows
- Lab on a Chip and Miniaturized Chemistry
- Liquid Microflows
- Microdroplets management
- Microfabrication Techniques for Microfluidic Systems
- Microflows in Bioengineering and Biofluidics
- Microflow Visualisation and Measurements
- Two-Phase Flows in Microsystems
- Submission of Abstract (between 500 and 1000 words): May 1, 2010
- Author Notification of Abstract Acceptance: May 15, 2010
- Submission of Full-Length Draft Paper for Review: July 10, 2010
- Author Notification of Paper Acceptance: September 15, 2010
- Submission of Final Paper: October 15, 2010
- Deadline for Early Bird Registration: November 1, 2010
PROCEEDINGS AND JOURNALS
All the accepted papers will be published in the CD-ROM Conference Proceedings.
After the conference a selection of the best papers will be proposed by the scientific committee for publication in the following international journals:
- Microfluidics and Nanofluidics
- Biomicrofluidics (special issue)
- Microsystem Technologies (special issue)
- Experimental Heat Transfer
- International Journal of Microscale and Nanoscale Thermal and Fluid Transport Phenomena (special issue)
- La Houille Blanche – International Journal of Water.