The invitation and call for abstracts for the Practical Responses to Climate Change Conference which is sponsored by the Engineers Australia National Water Committee has just been announced. See the letter from the conference chair that is reproduced below.
Date: 29 September – 1 October 2019
Location: Hilton on the Park, Melbourne, Australia.
On behalf of the organising committee I would like to invite you to the inaugural Practical Responses to Climate Change Conference, taking place at the Hilton on the Park, Melbourne from Wednesday 29 September to Friday 1 October 2010.
The Conference Practical Responses to Climate Change will provide a forum for presenting comprehensive responses to climate change within the water sector with particular emphasis on recent climate change science and impact research, vulnerability assessment techniques and adaptation strategies. It will be an excellent opportunity for engineers, scientists, planners and academics to present and debate current and future practices for adapting to changes in our environment from the catchment to the coast.
The Conference Program will focus on five streams; Coasts & Estuaries, Water Resources, Catchments, Floodplains & Waterways, Planning & Policy, explored in detail by a body of reputable and informative speakers.
We encourage you to submit abstracts on a range of topics as listed below:
- Impact of Climate Change on Coasts and Estuaries
- Coastal Hazards and Management responses to Climate Change
- Impacts of climate change on water resources
- Water resources management in response to climate change
- Impact of Climate Change on Catchments, Floodplains and Waterways
- Catchment, Floodplain, and Waterway Challenges and Management responses to Climate Change
- Climate change risk assessment in a policy and planning framework
- Planning and Policy Responses to Climate Change
Abstract submission closes on Thursday, 2 April 2010.
Dr Mark Jempson