The second call for abstracts has just been release for the PRCCC to be held in Melbourne over 29 September 2010 – 1 October 2010. I’ve reproduced it below and full details are available on their website: www.climatechange2010.org.
Invitation and Second Call for Abstracts
On behalf of the organizing committee I would like to invite you to the inaugural Practical Responses to Climate Change National Conference, taking place at the Hilton on the Park, Melbourne from Wednesday 29 September to Friday 1 October 2010.
The Conference Practical Responses to Climate Change is being hosted by Engineers Australia, Australia’s peak body representing professional engineers, with support from the Planning Institute of Australia.
PRCCNC 2010 will provide a forum for presenting comprehensive responses to climate change within the water sector with particular emphasis on recent climate change science and impact research, vulnerability assessment techniques and adaptation strategies. It will be an excellent opportunity for engineers, scientists, planners and academics to present and debate current and future practices for adapting to changes in our environment from the catchment to the coast.
The Conference Program will focus on four streams explored in detail by a body of reputable and informative speakers:
- Coasts & Estuaries
- Water Resources
- Catchments, Floodplains & Waterways
- Planning & Policy
We encourage you to submit abstracts on a range of topics as listed below:
- Impact of Climate Change on Coasts and Estuaries
- Coastal Hazards and Management responses to Climate Change
- Impacts of climate change on water resources
- Water resources management in response to climate change
- Impact of Climate Change on Catchments, Floodplains and Waterways
- Catchment, Floodplain, and Waterway Challenges and Management responses to Climate Change
- Climate change risk assessment in a policy and planning framework
- Planning and Policy Responses to Climate Change
Don’t miss your change to be part of this exciting and comprehensive Program! Abstract submission closes on Friday, 9 April 2010
For further information on the Conference Program and a breakdown of each of the above topic’s sub categories please visit the Program page of the Conference website www.climatechange2010.org.
Dr Mark Jempson