The Sydney Division, Engineers Australia Water Engineering Panel is pleased to announce that the first presentation of the year will be titled CARM – Water when and where it matters and will be jointly delivered by Brett Tucker, CEO, and Dan Berry, Manager Basin Planning, both of the State Water Corporation. If the name for this sounds familiar it is because this project has been nominated for, and received, numerous awards, including:
- 2013 Sydney division Engineering Excellence awards
- Winner – The Bradfield Award
- Winner – Engineering for Regional Communities
- Highly Commended – Software and Embedded Systems
- 2013 Australian Engineering Excellence awards
- Winner Environmental Engineering Excellence
- 2013 Australian Water Association Infrastructure and Innovation Award
- 2013 NSW AWA Infrastructure and Innovation Award
The project, the first of its kind in Australia, will recover water savings of which 33GL will be returned to the Snowy/Murray systems and the remainder used to improve reliability in the Murrumbidgee valley. In addition, the system will reduce excess releases from the dams by up to 200GL on average.
The presentation will be given at the EA Auditorium, Chatswood, on Thursday, 6th March 2014, with light refreshments from 5:30pm for a 6pm start. RSVP is requested via the EA booking system.