With registrations from practitioners, government employees, academics, and students, and an action-packed program, HIWE is turning into a must attend event. See below for our program at a glance:
- A choice of a Hydraulic modelling workshop with all the latest tips and tricks to put you ahead of the game or a trip to the Water research laboratory to see the physical models – there is something for everyone.
- Find out the pros and cons of the direct rainfall method. It saves you time but is the answer as good as more traditional methods. This workshop will outline techniques that you will need to demonstrate your direct rainfall model is robust.
- Over 40 papers on practical applications as well as hydraulic theory
- The prestigious Henderson Oration to be given by Prof. Ron Cox, UNSW
Hydraulic modelling workshop – Wednesday
A must attend event for any Hydraulic modeller. The day will feature high profile invited speakers on the issues that are topical in Hydraulic modelling. What will you learn:
- What will we be using in 5 years- new technologies and techniques
- How to approach the practical problems hydraulic modellers face every day
- What are the latest advances the software packages are offering
- What is Monte Carlo and practical advice in the application
Get a copy of the detailed flyer to convince your boss you need to attend!
Program at a glance
|Morning||Paper sessions||Hydraulic modelling Workshop: Hydraulic modelling: where will we be in 5 yrs||Paper sessions|
|Morning session 2||Paper sessions||Hydraulic modelling Workshop:
Practical problems in Hydraulic Modelling
|Afternoon session 1||Paper sessions||Direct Rainfall Workshop||Hydraulic modelling Workshop: Innovations in 2D modelling||Field trip: UNSW Water Research Lab||Paper sessions|
|Afternoon session 2||Paper sessions||Direct Rainfall Workshop||Hydraulic modelling Workshop: Monte Carlo: All your questions answered||Field trip: UNSW Water Research Lab||Paper sessions|
|Evening||Welcome Drinks||Henderson Oration: Ron Cox||Conference Dinner|